Lemon Raspberry Roll

When I need a quick cake 99% of the time I will go for an All-In-One Sponge. The other 1% of the time it’s a mug cake and I eat it all….both are easy, but All-In-One is great for guest and I tell you THIS flavour combo Works! It just does, ok! Just chuck your cake mix in a swiss roll tin, bake it and smother it with lemon curd, then toss a handful of raspberries, then rolled. Just imagine it (sorries for no pic). The yellow with patches of bright pinky redness popping out against the gooey creamy curd. Sweetness and tartiness rolled into epicness…..are you drooling?

Only way to make this any more awesome is to serve each slice with a generous amount of cream….REAL DAIRY CREAM!

……….and bacon.

Serves many! *6-8 but varies with greed*

2 Eggs

Self Raining flour

Sugar

Butter

generous Squeeze of Lemon and half of its rind grated finely

1. Preheat your oven to the magical 180C. Line your swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper.

2. Weigh your eggs and then use same weight of sugar, butter and flour. Beat well then add your lemon rind and juice to taste!

3. Pour into your tin and then bake your beauty for 20 mins. Take it out and let it coll in tin for 5 mins

4. Still warm spread it with some lemon curd, toss in your raspberries and roll it up *have the longer sides in front of you and roll it towards yourself so you get a longer cake*  Use the paper to keep it tight and move it to a pretty plate.

5. To make it extra pretty cut off the ends and eat them, then dust with icing sugar. Serve with more berries and lots of cream :)

Can you taste it now?

Oh and with regards to Halloween stuff! It’s not my favourite holiday…I will be baking stuff but they will be things that can be baked any other day OR Autumnal. So Yay!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: