Vanilla Star Tree
The careful staking of many star cookies come together to become a cute little Christmas Tee. Glue it with a simple icing and dust with edible glitter or a dusting of icing sugar. I saw this in a magazine and just screamed WANT! Really is simple to make but looks so wonderful and magical, you do need a few different sized star cookie cutters though…at least 3 but more would be ideal.
….Lasts quite long too, took about a week before we all got a bit too tempted and smashed it up. Still tasted so delicious, not slighted bit stale, and sure i can bake another.
450g Plain Gluten Free Flour
150g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
water approx. 3 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a few baking trays with greaseproof paper. Sift the flour and sugar and rub in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Then mix in your egg, vanilla and as much water as need to make a soft ball of dough.
2. Wrap in clingfilm and alow to chill in fridge for 30min.
3. Sprinkle down some flour then remove dough from fridge and roll out to about 3mm thick and cut out several big stars and bake for 10min, then a good few medium size for 7-8 min, and then smaller ones for 5min. But Times will vary on your cuter size so keep an eye on your cookies.
4. Alow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before arranging. Meanwhile whip up an icing of Icing sugar and either water or lemon juice untill it reaches a thick but not too stiff consistency (your call here)
5. Take a large star and place it on a pretty plate, squirt a bit of icing in the middle and stack another star on top but slightly turned and repeat a few more times, then move on to next size and again squirt a bit place, squirt, twist place…until you reach smallest cookie. Break a point of a glue it to top of layers with more icing.
6. Ice the branches and sprinkle with glitter, silver balls or dust with icing sugar.
7. Sit bake and look at your marvel….and then Eat it!