I’ve made 3 dozen so far and only posting this now….Sorry. Actually, I need to bake more as they go far to quickly in this house. The secret you see is in the pastry. Oh, and if you don’t like mince pies then you can always make mini apple pies x
450g Plain Gluten Free Flour
250g Castor Sugar
200g Ground Almonds
2 Egg, beaten
a little water
1-2 jars Mincemeat, your favourite brand
1. Grease two 12-hole bun tins and preheat the oven to 200C
2. Put the flour sugar and almonds into a bowl and mix well, next rub in the butter untill it all resembles fine bread crumbs.
3. Add the egg, if needed add some water or extra flour, mix to a soft dough and knead gently. Should not be too sticky or too dry either. At this point you can wrap in cling film and keep for up to 3 days or start to roll it out.
4. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean surface and roll out the pastry! Cut rounds to fit your bun tin for the base and fill all the holes. I like to use red wine glasses to cut the bases and then the smaller white wine glasses to cut the lids.
5. Fill your pies with a generous teaspoon of filling, don’t be shy, and then place lids on your pies but have them rolled out a bit thinner to prevent it from smooshing out all the filling and being just a bit too pastery.
6. Pop in oven for 13-15min untill evenly browned. then leave to cool on wire rack or if you can serve warm with a dollop of fresh cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.