Mint 2 Choc Cake
It’s delisiously moist dark chocolate cake with a layer of subtly minty and wonderfuly creamy white chocolate icing. Two chocolates on one cake, fit for a prince…well little brother. He asked for a trifle, a cheese cake and a chocolate mint cake. Challenege accepted, although i never got around to baking that cheesecake he did get triffle and possibily the bestest cake EVER, as it’s an adaption of my unpublished Ultimate Chocolate Cake.
This is actualy quite a sophisticated cake, if i do say so myself but 14-16 yr old teen boys deserve nice things sometimes. A small slice of this indulgent cake is surely a ‘nice thing’.
Again I apologise I made this way back in 2011.
Feeds 10+ hyper teen boys
50g Dark Chocolate melted
125g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
75ml Butter Milk
110ml Boiling Water….very very very hot!
200g White Chocolate
1/2 – 1tsp peppermint extract, pretty much add to taste
grated dark chocolate/sprinkles to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190C and grease a 20cm round tin with a removable bottom.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla followed by folding in the chocolate being folded in.
3. Gradualy fold in the flour, about a tbsp at a time. Stir in the butter milk and boiling water to make a very runny mix, scrape right down to the bottom. Pour this into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35min.
4. Leave to cool in tin. Whiel you’re waiting for that make the mint topping by boiling the cream and pouring it over the white chocolate, chopped, leave for a few min and then whisk up till thick and creamy ad the mint extrac and stir a bit. Pour this over the cake and leave too cool compleatly.
5. Grate some dark chocolate over the cake. Once chilled take it out of the tin and serve in small slices.