Zesty lemons, limes and oranges swirled together in some cute little cupcakes. These sweet treats are good for spring with their fresh flavours but with some small slices of lemon lime and orange arranged on fresh lime icing…..you’ve got a little flag that would suit St. Patrick’s day nicely!
But really it’s not a festive thing, too good to be kept for just one day.
Makes more than a dozen
1tsp Lime Zest
1tsp Lemon Zest
1Tsp Orange Zest
110g GF Self Raising Flour
2 Large Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a cupcake tray with cases. In a bowl whisk sugar and zests together until the colours ‘leak’ you want it to go off white. This is the oils being released from the zest, makes it super tasty.
2. Add butter and flour and eggs and whisk till pale and creamy. If the mixture is too stiff ad a bit of juice from lemon or orange.
3. Fill your cases 3/4 full with the mix and bake for 10-15 min.
4. take out and leave to cool completely. While you wait mix Icing sugar and lime juice together till you get a smooth icing. Taste test it and make sure it coats back of a spoon well without falling off too much. Add more juice to make smother and more sugar to make thicker.
5. Ice those little cakes. Decorate with small segments of fruit (optional)